May 13, 2010 (14 weeks 6 days)

YES! The first trimester officially ended at 14 weeks… we made it!!! Now to announce it to the world... for those of you that haven’t figured it out from my moaning, groaning, continuous complaining, pale complexion and horrifying mood swings I’m PREGNANT!

We (baby and I) had our first official maternity appointment today with the midwife. At first I was a little nervous. The appointments are 40 minutes long and I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect… who the heck can talk for 40 minutes straight to someone they don’t even know? Well apparently I can! The time flew by and before I knew it the appointment was over AND I had all my questions answered! Wow… love the midwives!

Some baby stats: For all those wives-tale believers out there the baby’s heart rate was 154 bpm and strong. Still love that sound!!!!

Not much has changed in the way of nausea, still pretty disgusting. My belly HAS changed in a big way though. I am HUGE for 14 weeks! It is ironic considering I have lost 6 lbs which is probably the reason that I don’t feel overly huge, but looking at my belly and comparing it to photos from my first pregnancy I am HUGE. I hope it’s not a litter!

So I was all ready to see the end of the nausea with the end of the first trimester. Once again I was duped. The first trimester ended 6 whole days ago and I am STILL sick! Here’s hoping that the next few weeks improve as this baby continues to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment