Coping Strategies

Okay, so I really don't have any time. Baby cries and cries and cries and Ronin always needs my attention and neither of my lovely little boys like to sleep through the night. All this equals one very tired Mama some days, especially the last week because we have all been sick with a cold. Here are my coping strategies (in a list of course because I don't have time to write full sentences):
1. Pray (for patience- on an hourly basis)
2. Complain about how many times I was up and how early I was up to everyone I know
3. Eat lots of chocolate
4. Complain some more
5. Make "jammie" days sound super exciting to my 3 year old so that I can ignore the whole personal hygiene thing (baths, clean clothes, etc...what does it matter when you never leave the house anyway?)
6. Avoid people who have "perfect" children who sleep through the night, sleep in and never cry... this is mostly for safety reasons... I fear that my fist may somehow find its way to their nose.
7. Complain some more
8. Have a hot shower and get lots of water in my ears so that I can't hear anything for the next several hours
9. Practice the art of sleeping with my eyes open, while standing and bouncing a screaming baby with a 3 year old wrapped around my leg wanting me to pull him around the house.

Kids are asleep, house is quiet I'm a hittin' the sheets before my nightly game of musical beds begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment